Sunday, November 20, 2011

Conviction

There have been very few things I have done in my life with total conviction.  Most of the time when stepping into the unknown there is trepidation and fear.  I would be lying if I told you I was completely convicted when I married John.  I married him when I was 24 and although at the time I thought I was quite mature I was incredibly "young".  The outcome of our marriage also depended on both of us and I had to  learn to trust him completely.  Honestly, I had a hard time thinking that I was good enough for someone to want to spend the rest of their life with me - I had a lot of self doubt in those days.  Fortunately for both of us John hung in there with me while I grew up.  We are in it for the long haul and now I can say with utmost certainty that He is my "one".  I love him with all of my heart and am completely convicted in our relationship.

I knew from the get go that our decision to have children was right.  I wasn't sure what kind of parents we would make but I knew that we would try our absolute best.  I never questioned that decision.

The only other two times I entered into something with complete conviction was when I began cancer treatment and when I started our business.  Both scary but not once did I think that either one would not be successful.  I believe that when you do something with that much conviction you are bound to get something right.  Conviction keeps you going.  It gets you through the rough patches.  It gives you courage you might not normally have.  It lets you know how capable you are.  It makes dreams come true.

No comments: