Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random

So John told me last night he doesn't think I will be able to write on this blog every day........sounds like a challenge to me!

I had a great day yesterday. Completely spoiled by my friends with gifts, lunch, french fries (yum!), home made ice cream sandwiches, and babysitting. I went out with John for dinner and we had a nice time. My Family woke me up with breakfast in bed and home made cards telling me how beautiful I am (what can be better than that?). John also gave me a new Mac computer but it is not here yet. This is very unfortunate because I just tried to put some pictures on here and I am unable to do it with this dinosaur computer. You will just have to be satisfied with my pathetic prose until the package comes......maybe Friday?

I am trying to compile a list of things I want to do BEFORE I turn 40. Things to take me out of my comfort zone. This might be hard to do because I am pretty comfortable with most things. If you have any ideas I am open to them. Here are a few I have come up with.....

Participate in the Breast Cancer walk
Volunteer at Peoples Kitchen
Backpack with the family in Yosemite
Learn how to surf
Ride in a hot air balloon (I have always wanted to do this)
Learn how to cook a gourmet meal
Change the oil in my car.....(Andy help!)
Manage people (school, church, work function - this scares me to death!)

Ideas anyone?

Have a great day and if you are living close to me enjoy the softness of the fog and the quiet peacefulness of a fall day!

2 comments:

joy said...

uh, you can scratch "cook a gourmet meal" off your list--you're a fabulous cook! i'll always remember the wonderful steak dinner you made for us after eli was born. maybe you should add "wear some posy pins" to your list--that would really be a stretch. ha ha. :)

Glenn said...

or you could add go to julie picketts new house for a visit..that would be good!