Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Truth

I heard today that the average person lies 200 times a day. That seemed crazy to me. I thought to myself "I hardly ever lie and if I do it is a little white lie to preserve someones feelings". But, in reality I think it is probably fairly accurate if you include how many times we lie to ourselves. My days are filled with constant self chatter and I must admit most of it is me trying to explain away why I can or cannot do something. "Oh, one cookie wont hurt me" - "why should I vacuum when I will just have to do it again tomorrow" - "I don't have time to make a proper meal for my family". In reality - yes that cookie does have an effect on me, the floor does need vacuuming and by all means I am sure I can find time to make that meal if I planned my day better. When you get right down to it it is very difficult to live in complete truth. I am going to try and work on that. I am tired of the self talk - it is noisy. I need to do some soul "cleaning" and empty out the trash. I need to understand who I am with all of my strengths and weaknesses in order to move forward and be truth to others. I need to have the courage to see the real me - not the one I try to paint a picture of.

No comments: