Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hanging on....


Sorry it has been awhile from my last entry. I have a few things in the fire cooking - more on that later - and had to do our taxes (nothing like waiting until the last minute).

I started to re-read an old favorite book of mine and it reminded me of something. We all have this crazy desire to hold on. Hold onto our things. Hold onto control. Hold onto this life. It is easy to see how we might get stuck, clinging to what we know. Just like in Nemo - when he is trapped in the whale's mouth - we are afraid of what will happen if we let go. I think it is so freeing to think about riding the wave - seeing where it might take us. The hard part is opening your mind up enough to feel the wave - the current - the nudge. The hard part is allowing ourselves to be lifted up and carried to the next adventure. Just imagine all of the things we might get to see or experience along the way......

No comments: