Thursday, April 7, 2011

Singin the surgery blues....

You would think that after everything I would have completely learned patience.... nope. Not one bit. It must be human nature. I am THRILLED with the results of surgery (can't quite stop looking at them) and I don't want to do anything to mess them up. Doc said on Tuesday that I needed to wait at least 3 weeks for any type of impact exercise. I guess I should have known that - expected it - and should have no problem taking the time off..... but I am dying here. I am sure you feel extremely sorry for me - get to spend quality time with my family, catch up on my to do list, enjoy my blissful cancer-free life - I just can't work out. Exercise is my drug and I am completely addicted. COMPLETELY ADDICTED. I guess if I had to pick one thing to be addicted to this would be a good choice. Better than food, or cigarettes or alcohol. I will try and enjoy my leisurely life and look forward to that incredible high I will get with an increased heart rate and sweat dripping down my forehead.

No comments: