Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas


I am a kid again. In the last few years I have had a hard time getting into the spirit of Christmas. The whole gift giving dilemma - the busyness of parties and social gatherings - the constant eating. There is nothing like the thought of a short life to get you to appreciate all of the little things. I feel like a 5 year old again. Filled with anticipation. I am loving the smell of the tree - the beauty of the ornaments. I like that I know all of the words to the Christmas songs when I turn on the radio. I love the cozy fire, a warm sweater and the Christmas lights on our street.

Christmas.

The celebration of Christ's birth.

The offer of a second chance.

I know all about second chances. God has given me (and continues to give me) second chances and for that I will celebrate. I will celebrate His incredible love for us all. I will celebrate His unimaginable gift. When I watch my children's faces Christmas morning I will know He is watching all of our faces - and I hope on my face He can see immense gratitude.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is my most favorite time of year - family, friends, too much food but so much to appreciate. I know God sees your graditude Kristin because we all see and feel it. You have helped me to be so appreciative of some many things. May this Christmas be so special for you and your family.