Tuesday, December 21, 2010

D Day

One year ago today my life changed forever. The lives of my family were changed forever. The reality of this past year will fade - especially for everyone outside of my house. Life will go on and other things will happen - on both sides of the scale. I think back on the person I was a year ago and I am so thankful for the person I am today. Gifts are wrapped up in funny packages sometimes. I hope my children will look at life with new vigor and courage. I hope they love, and love strong. I hope we all remember to embrace the now and be thankful for every moment. Once again I am thankful for all of you - I have learned through this last year not to be timid with love. If I see you - be ready for me to hug you - that is just the way life is now. I am thankful for my amazing husband who has not only loved me through this incredibly hard journey but has also embraced the "new" me. I didn't know a year ago that God was giving me an incredible gift but I knew he would be with me no matter what happened. He walks with all of us and Christmas reminds us of that.

2 comments:

joy said...

amen!

Sally said...

I would like to see you, and I would like to hug you. :-)