Friday, February 25, 2011

Childlike love

I had forgotten what it was like to love something as much as a person or pet or God. Little kids absolutely love their blankets, stuffed animals and toys. Julia just found a small Caterpillar in our yard yesterday. She named it Marfallow. She has been concerned about it all of the time. Does it have enough to eat etc. It was the first thing she checked on this morning and again when she got home from school. She was angry with me for not checking on it during the day....(what exactly was I supposed to check???). She sings and reads books to our pet rabbit and assures me that he knows what she is saying. She knows her 3 fishes personality. She stops on our walks to look at different kinds of flowers and notices their tiny detail. I can't remember the last time I paid that much attention to something like that. When do we lose that ability to see the world in wonder? I want to get it back. I want to appreciate everything. I guess I just need a 10 year old to teach me.

1 comment:

Sally said...

She sounds like her Aunt Sarah!