Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I like ______ about myself.....

I think most of the time we spend thinking about ourselves is done so with criticism. We concentrate on all of the things we do wrong or feel are wrong. Our weaknesses. Our deficits. This condition, to think critically of ourselves then spills out onto others. I was reminded of this this morning in a group of women I meet with. It is important to look at what we like about ourselves - then we can see it more easily in others. It is impossible to give to others when our own self esteem prevents it. God made us perfect in His light - it is our job to acknowledge it. Not liking ourselves is, in a way, selfish. In order to be selfless we need to start liking ourselves and get over it. Good time to make that list of all of your attributes and treasures :)

No comments: