Friday, July 15, 2011

Times are changing

I woke up this morning to a quiet house. Jack had a Jr. Lifeguarding event that John drove him to at dark o'clock and Julia spent the night at a friends house. I suddenly had that panic feeling that in the not so distant future all of my mornings will be like that. I have always thought I would be OK with my children growing up and starting their own lives but just the tiniest little glimmer of that reality put me into a tailspin. On top of that my sister gave birth to twins today. Very exciting! All are well and resting. I so wish I could be there with her (she lives in Colorado) and see those beautiful little faces (a boy and a girl!). The thought of it brought me right back to when my own kids were born. That instant and so incredibly intense love affair. Another reminder - especially now - that it is important to slow down and enjoy the people we love.

No comments: