Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We did it!


I finally reached my donation goal for the Suzan G. Komen walk! Thank you all so much for your support and generosity! Last Friday we held a "dance party" class to raise money and I would have to say it was maybe the most fun I have ever had at the gym! The energy was great and we had a couple of VIPs in the room - Dr. Wonderful and Liz (my nurse navigator). They were awesome and I can't believe so many people gave up their Friday night to come support us! The training will be going into high gear this weekend. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that it is taking a LONG time to get my stamina back. I have heard that this happens sometimes. Chemo knocks you down for a year - or more. I am not going to let it. Mind over matter right? 60 miles - here I come! The walk is on the 19th of November and runs through the 21st. If you live in the San Diego area come cheer us on!

No comments: