Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flip Side

I have been on Tamoxifen for exactly one month today. I have not noticed any side effects except hot flashes (and that is good - the list is long). I had a brief hiatus from them after chemo and before I started Tamoxifen but they have come back with a vengeance. They don't usually happen during the day (which is nice) but they hit me all night long. I have come up with a system though. If I roll one direction I will be all covered up with blankets and if I roll the other direction I have no blankets on at all. Thus starts the cycle, every night. Over and over again I am rolling and rolling.

I am looking at it this way. I am getting more sleep than I did when I had young babies and that is a good thing. It is only heat waking me up and not someone screaming requiring me to get out of bed and feed them. It only lasts a few minutes. It is well worth the end result if it keeps cancer away.

1 comment:

Theres just life said...

A small price to pay to keep the Doctors away. But they are annoying I know.