Sunday, August 29, 2010

The other side

In the last month or so I have had the privilege of speaking to (and getting to know) 3 beautiful women who were recently diagnosed with breast cancer. All three wanted someone to talk to who had been through it. I feel blessed to be the one who was recommended to help them walk this journey. I had some breast cancer angels along the way who helped answer all of the silly questions that kept me up at night. I hope that I can bring them some peace. Some comfort. Some encouragement. I have said before that every journey is different, and we all walk different paths, but sometimes knowing that someone walked a similar journey and came out on the other side stronger can lift you up. Stay strong and have hope my new friends.

2 comments:

Theres just life said...

You would be a great mentor to these women. Your attitude and caring will go along way to give them support.
You are indeed PAY IT FORWARD, just as you hoped you could.

joy said...

they are lucky to have you! You will be so positive and encouraging yet truthful at the same time. Sounds like you have a new ministry, girlfriend!