Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Change of thought process

I had my pre-op appt. with Dr. Wonderful today. I found out that I will never hear the words "you are cured". Even if everything comes back perfectly from the pathologist and it looks like they got all of the cancer out I will continually be monitored and watched by my surgeon and oncologist for the rest of my life - looking for a recurrence. I may never see cancer again and if I go to my grave without it they can say "I was cured" then but some people have recurrences after 20 years. I just need to change my thinking a bit is all. Who needs a stinkin word - it is just a word.

Count down is on. 13 days until surgery. I am feeling great and made it through an hour of BodyJam in my family room today. A big a accomplishment. I feel strong mentally and I am starting to feel strong physically. Bring it on!

4 comments:

joy said...

an hour of jam?!!! you go girl.

Sally said...

Very impressive!!! You're right, "cure" is just a word. You live your life without labels, so it doesn't matter. 13 days until you can really start thinking about this in the past. HOORAY!!!

Unknown said...

you continue to amaze me Kristin!

D said...

omgoodness! if ONLY i could do an hour of friggin jam!!!! i think in my "healthy" state, i could prob only tolerate 10 min max?!? i've been "out of the loop" for awhile, but it's good to catch up on how you're doin! draw your strength from the Lord, GF! You are doing AMAZING!!!! PLEASE let me know if i could borrow julia for a playdate as well since summer is fast approaching! kylie would LOVE it! XOXOXO!!!!