Monday, October 4, 2010

Negative energy

I just don't have time for this in my life. As a result I typically surround myself with positive people but on occasion we are forced to be around someone who is negative. I have one person in particular right now that just gets under my skin. I am not quite sure why I let this person get under my skin - usually I can ignore it. It is a good challenge for me to try and rise above and not let this person bring me down. I know from experience that this person will never change. I know that my life is good and perfect just the way it is. The question is do I take the path of least resistance and just let this person be who they are going to be to avoid confrontation? Or do I walk away from doing something I love in order to avoid this person? Or, do I confront this person when the need arises and tell them they are bringing everyone around them down? Thoughts?

3 comments:

Udita Banerjee said...

Confront. And tell them with force that they have to let the positive around them be, and not diffuse it out.
And heal the person with your faith. If you can do so much with your blog, you can do much more in person, I'm sure...

joy said...

Kris, if you don't like that I follow you around TJ's, buy the same things you buy, and cook the same dinner and then complain how mine turned out, you can really just tell me. Just be gentle because I cry easily.

Sally said...

I don't know - if confrontation won't do anything but make things hard between you, it's hard to vote for that. Maybe you can try the "fake it till you make it" philosophy and tell the person that when you're around, only positive energy may enter your space. If negative stuff starts, the conversation is over. Maybe the person will realize that they feel better after being around you and giving the negativity a rest for a while. And don't be so hard on Joy. :-)