Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Scars

We all have them - just some we can see more obviously. The ones on my body will remind me over and over again of the things I learned this year. They will tell me it is not the outside that matters but the inside. They will remind me of how much faith was required when my life was put in the hands of my surgeons. I will be reminded of my husbands gentle touch and caring heart as he nursed me back to health. I will remember the anguish on my children's faces when they thought I was in pain and their relief when they knew it was over. I wont forget the incredible love that poured over me from close friends to mere acquaintances. I will always be aware of God's mercy and love as He healed me. These scars are not a "badge" for what I did - they are a beautiful and permanent reflection of what others have done for me.

4 comments:

joy said...

Oh, Kristin, I'm tearing up. So beautifully expressed.

Sally said...

Yep - one of your best posts ever. I love you!

Unknown said...

Once again you made me cry!!!

SLK said...

I agree... one of the best. And... thank you for sharing your journey. I have learned much from you, wise friend whom I have never met. I'm fascinated by the "new blog" idea. boo-yah for moving on :-)