Friday, October 1, 2010

Shallow Hal


We watched this older movie again the other night - just happened upon it while channel surfing. I have to say that I think it is a great movie - I also think that for the most part it is true. I believe most of us see inner beauty shining through and that is how we judge outer beauty - except when we look in the mirror. Isn't it true that when someone does something mean or obnoxious they tend to look a little ugly? Doesn't your picture of them change? I think that happens the other way too. Once you get to know someone their physical aspects sort of fade and you don't notice their frizzy hair or a few extra pounds - you notice their incredible smile and their shining eyes. It is too bad we don't have mirrors that reflect what other people see in us. That way we could adjust our attitudes - not our clothes and hair - to make ourselves look better.

1 comment:

joy said...

i love that movie!