Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Special days


We all have special days - birthdays, anniversaries, holidays. Tomorrow is my birthday - 41 (holy cow). Somehow this year I am not really aware of it. It used to be a big day - last year it was a big day. I usually like making a big deal out of it - any reason for a party - but this year it isn't quite the same. This year I am looking forward to June 14th 2011. That will mark one year of being cancer-free. It is almost like starting over - with year 1. I will be dancing on the ceiling next June when I can say a year has gone by. 41 is good - I have had one heck of a ride during those 41 years and I am glad to have had them. Every year I get from now on is a complete gift. I have had several people ask me what I want for my birthday. I really can't say - because I already have everything I could ever want.

5 comments:

joy said...

Sometimes it's hard to believe that a year ago, we were riding cable cars in the city. So much has happened in a year. But, it's been a year full of blessing in spite of the hardships. I can't tell you how amazing it's been to watch you and John endure and emerge stronger. I love you, Kris.

trulyjulie said...

Happy Birthday! So excited about Friday!

Sally said...

Happy birthday, my friend!!! I love you.

Matt Decell said...

Well, now that I know you're a Scorpio it all seems to fit. You are very passionate about EVERYTHING you do. It's not something you can change, it's who you are.
May this year be better than yesterday but never as good as tomorrow.
Happy Birthday from one Scorpio to another.

Unknown said...

Kristin you are so amazing and you continue to make my eyes fill with tears each time I read your posts. Thank you for teaching me to truly appreciate all that I have. I honestly hug my kids harder and laugh longer all because of what you have taught me. Happy Birthday to my very dear friend!