Monday, May 4, 2009

15 bags.....

Spring cleaning?  I woke up this morning with a mission and I have only accomplished maybe 15% of it.  I worked all day cleaning out Jack's closet and the cabinets in the hall.  I must say that I have been avoiding Jack's closet for quite some time..... maybe even a year (yikes).  That is not to say that I haven't asked him to clean it and take care of it but our ideas of clean are quite different from one another.  I spent many hours going through the Lego boxes and Knex boxes finding candy wrappers and broken toys.  I found no less than 20 dirty socks shoved into corners and behind books.  I filled 15 bags full of clothes, games, and books for goodwill.  I vividly remember my own mother spending hours doing the same thing and now realize the lack of appreciation she received.  I am sure she is smiling down on me as the baton passes on to the next generation.  As we approach mothers day I know many of our duties as Moms go unnoticed but I don't regret a moment of it.  Somewhere hidden deep in that closet was a sweet art project that Jack made with the word "mommy" on it.....that treasure made it into the "keep" pile.

1 comment:

joy said...

How sweet that you found an art project just in time for Mother's Day. Thanks for the game and costumes, too!