Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Joshua




I don't normally write about other peoples children but today I have to honor sweet Joshua on his birthday.   Joshua lives next door and has been Jack's best friend for as long as we have lived here (since they were 3 years old).  How amazing that God's plan for Joshua was to bring him half way around the world from Ethiopia simply to bless all of us.  I think the thing I love about Josh the most is his laugh (probably because that is what I hear most coming out of him).  His laugh is so infectious and I don't know how his parents ever have a chance of disciplining him if he is laughing because you really don't have a choice but to join in.  He has an incredible sense of humor - far beyond his years.  He draws people to him and has many friends.  He is always helpful and polite at our house  - a shining example for my children.  Josh has an incredible love for animals and I think connects with them more than most do.  I know Josh is sensitive and sweet (even though he most likely wont admit it) and has great love and respect for God and his family.  Joshua, you have talents you don't even realize yet.  I know you will accomplish wonderful things (and most likely end up wearing a suit while you do them;).  Thank you for embracing Jack in your life and taking care of him.  Thank you for being a good friend and bringing so much joy to him and all of us.  You are perfect in every way just the way you are - don't ever forget that.  I thank God for you every day.  Happy 11Th Birthday Joshua!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm crying! Thank you for loving Josh, it is such a blessing to have Jack be Josh's best friend!

joy said...

Happy Birthday to Josh and what a sweet tribute. I frequently think of when you first moved in and Josh wanted to come to your house to play. He knocked down that gate you had out front and walked into your house without knocking and found you all somewhere in the house. Suzanne was embarassed because you guys didn't know each other well, but it's always been the cutest picture in my mind.

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

I remember the day Janell told me that Suzanne and Andy had a new son! What a blessing ~
by the way, Josh has ALWAYS given me a HUGE HUG everytime we have seen him in person!
Happy Belated Birthday Josh.
You bless this family too!

Kim Safina