Friday, May 28, 2010

Finally

Today is "cancer free friday" which I started a long time ago. A day to not talk about cancer. Today it has different meaning though. Today I feel cancer free. I know I still need surgery but it has been 3 weeks and 2 days since my last chemo treatment and I finally feel like my old self again. Part of me wants to rush into this surgery and get it over with but I am enjoying feeling good right now. I haven't felt this way for some time. I wake up with a spring in my step and I can do whatever I want (mostly) during the day. Enjoy this straight away Kristin, you have one more hurdle.

2 comments:

joy said...

woo-hoo for feeling good!

Sally said...

I'm so glad! You probably forgot how it feels to be your old self! That's wonderful, and I agree - enjoy it and know that it'll be back again after the dip in the road.