Thursday, November 6, 2008

Beauty

So here I am - 39 years old - and wondering if I will EVER stop caring about the way I look.  The maintenance alone takes up so much more time than it used to.  I am really glad that I don't have enough money for plastic surgery because I know I would end up looking like Michael Jackson. "Take a little off of here and a little off of there" until there would be nothing left and I would look like some sort of alien creature.  With all of the options to stop time out there those movie stars must have a beauty manager.  Someone to schedule their zoom whitening and laser treatments, their botox and their butt lifts.  I am trying to grow old gracefully but I fear grace will have nothing to do with it.  I am going to fight this battle as hard as I can - it is just in my nature.   I do have to say that I LOVE my hair dresser.   He makes me feel like I am Charlize Theron and I walk out of the salon  thinking I am pretty smokin'.....if only for a couple of hours.  Thank you Todd for being the master of my hair - I wish I had a quiver of Todds in my arsenal to work on my skin and teeth and body......maybe someday.......   Until then my best friend is apparently gravity - it just wont leave me alone.

4 comments:

joy said...

whatever!!! are you high???? you look amazing and i don't mean "you look amazing for your age." you look amazing. PERIOD. You ARE smokin' hot!!!! you are fit and trim, don't get me started on how much i love your hair, and your skin and teeth are beautiful!!!! and gravity? yeah, uh, let me show you about gravity. i may be younger, but i think gravity likes me better! :)

Kristin said...

I wasn't searching for complements just taking note of my vanity. YOU are naturally SOOOOO beautiful....I have to work hard. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

joy said...

i know you weren't searching for compliments. you are too humble for that. i don't work at it and i think it shows. :) dark circles, hair that needs cutting, clothes that don't fit and have holes, etc....

Glenn said...

Oh, you two! (julie)