Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lake Lopez






I spent the weekend camping (yes, camping) in Uncle Rico (yes, Uncle Rico - I have the photo to prove it) at Lake Lopez and......  had a fantastic time!  It was so beautiful there.  The usual white trash littering campers with their stereos blasting hadn't arrived for summer yet and the lake was quiet.  We enjoyed seeing many wild turkeys and deer and rented a boat and fished on the lake.  I can't believe we live so close to such a beautiful place.  We did bring a bit of white trash with us as we had chili- cheese hot dogs for dinner and steak but John made the most delicious banana pancakes for breakfast.  I wish I could put these moments in a snow globe and enjoy them again and again.

4 comments:

joy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a good time.

joy said...

oh and my last word verification was "mists" as in I mists you!

trulyjulie said...

you should catch one of those turkeys and have him for your Thanksgiving dinner! HAhA

Joe Walsh said...

I miss Uncle Rico, but its great to see him getting out there on the road!

Send my best to the family :-)
- joe