Thursday, April 2, 2009

Procrastination

I have done it.  I have turned into the parent I never wanted to turn into.   Jack has been procrastinating with his homework, cleaning his room, taking out the trash.....etc.  It makes me SO angry when he tells me at 8pm that he has 2 rough drafts due tomorrow and he hasn't even started on them yet.  I am trying to teach him to spread the work out and do a little each day but it doesn't matter how many times I tell him he continues to wait until the very last second.  Now how can I blame the poor kid when this is probably my biggest downfall?  I have yet to do our taxes and I usually wait until the last minute to clean before guests arrive.  I am probably the worst procrastinator I know - how can I expect any more from my own children when they learn from example.  I can't even teach myself! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!  I do have to say I have learned to cope with my disability and usually get it done but it is always down to the wire.  Honestly how can parents live with themselves?  Our flaws become so crystal clear when we look at our children.  All I can do is try harder I guess, and maybe cut the poor guy some slack.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Well, I completely understand your frustration. Myrah is exactly the same way. It must run in the family.

joy said...

You can cut him some slack tomorrow.