Friday, June 5, 2009

Bartending


So for the last week I have been helping Stephen plan the food end of his grand opening for his new store.  I have never done anything like this before so it was a bit nerve wracking trying to figure out how much food was needed.  When it was all said and done it turned out beautifully thanks to some really good friends of mine who helped me out.  When we arrived we all happened to be wearing black and Stephen asked if I would mix drinks for the party......"um.....OK" I said.  Something else I have never done before.  My girlfriends helped me out and we were the fabulous 3 behind the bar.  It came a bit to easily for me.  I mean how hard can it be giving someone something they desire....  I loved chatting with all of the guests and observing everyone from the comfort of my post.  My biggest complaint at the end of the night was that my feet were killing me from wearing almost 4" heels all night long (yes if you are doing the math that makes me 6'2" and very intimidating).  Next time you are having a party I am offering my services as a bartender as long as the drink list isn't too long (not sure if I can remember how to make a long island iced tea) and the tip jar is big ;)

No comments: