Monday, June 8, 2009

Myrah is coming!

This Saturday my niece Myrah is coming to stay with us for a month.  We are all very excited.  It will be great for Jack and Julia, having her here right after school is out, so they can get used to just playing and enjoying the summer without me hearing "I'm bored" all of the time.  We have big plans of going to the beach, taking hikes, swimming in the neighbors pool, going to the beach (oh did I say that already?).  Yes the lazy days of summer.  I wish I could impress upon my kids the importance of enjoying free time.  I don't think they understand that their lives are about to get very busy and full - do any of us realize that as children?  Jack is just on the brink of adolescence and a part if me aches to keep him right where he is.  I don't want to let him go yet and I can already see his little wings beginning to form.  I need to remember to look out the window and record in my mind the three of them running around and playing - making up games - and getting dirty.  I need to remember the sweet "I love yous" and long embraces before they become few and far between.  Before long there will be graduations and weddings and maybe if I am lucky grandchildren.  Life is so beautiful.

No comments: