Sunday, June 21, 2009

fun father's day

The kids after boogie boarding in horrific winds.  It was freezing outside at the beach and hardly anyone was out but that didn't stop these 3 determined children from getting in the water.  As they were walking out to the ocean their boogie boards were flying behind them like kites.  I don't have a picture of this because  I stayed safely in Uncle Rico while John braved the winds to watch them.  What a great Dad!  Don't they look completely happy and content?
John happy on Father's day to be driving Uncle Rico - his favorite place.
This is the mouse that Ben caught.  He loves to gently hold small animals in his mouth in hopes that they will live long enough to play with.  Myrah and Julia rescued this poor creature and put him in a cage only to have him die about 30 minutes later.  They then proceeded to make a grave complete with a headstone for it.  RIP little mouse.

Jack had a right of passage today and learned how to mow the lawn.  Good times ahead for John.

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there.  Such a huge responsibility to be a father.  We all appreciate you!  I wish I could see my own Father today but he is in my heart and I heard his voice on the phone.  John, thank you for being such a great Dad to our children.  They love you so much.  I couldn't do it without you!

1 comment:

john alexander said...

love you to....love being the father of our childeren