Friday, June 12, 2009

Last day of School!

Today was the last day of school.  I now have a 6th grader and a 3rd grader.  They could not wait for this day.  The last few weeks have been brutal waking them up.  It has been harder and harder to get them out the door and today was no different.  After school Jack said "it doesn't feel like summer yet".  I told him he would feel it on Monday when he could sleep in and be lazy all day long.  I am very proud of both of my kids.  They had great report cards and worked hard all year.  They are very upset with me because I am going to make them work this summer (like I did last summer) and do some school work everyday to keep their minds full.  I am also requiring them to read everyday too..... torture!  I am so mean ;)  Now if the weather would just get the memo that it is summertime everything would be good!

No comments: