Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Poor Shhhickins :(

Our dear neighbors had some very sad new today.  They have raised 6 chickens from the time they were newborn chicks and we have all watched them grow and grow and grow.  They have a wonderful coup at the bottom of the hill and we always like to go down there  for a visit.  Last night coyotes came and broke through two very secure fences and killed all of their chickens.  We are all very sad.  The worst part is that their eldest son went down in the morning and saw the last coyote with a chicken in its mouth.  I have decide once and for all that I don't like coyotes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The chickens died? I'm so sad. Keep Bugs Bunny away from those coyotes!

Sarah

joy said...

Oh, that is so sad. I didn't know until now.

Suzanne said...

Thank you Kristin, it has been a sad day. I was going to serve chicken for dinner tonight but couldn't bear it, ugh! Let's see how much more secure Andy can make the chicken coop. Ft. Knox!