Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Carrie Underwood


Today was a super special day for Julia and I.  We went to see Carrie Underwood at the Mid-State fair.  This was Julia's first concert - I told her my first concert wasn't until I was probably 17 0r 18.  I thought it was worth taking her because she was playing so close to home and I want to continue to foster Carrie Underwood as a role model for Julia as a singer.  Miss Underwood's voice was spectacular and gave you chills but more than that she was very human, compassionate and grounded.  You knew that her life is based in faith.  My favorite song she sang was "Jesus Take the Wheel".  Even though I have heard the song so many times before it was very powerful live with hundreds of people around you.  I know Julia will always remember this concert and I hope that some day if her dreams lead her that way she will be just as human and grounded in faith when she plays on that same stage.

1 comment:

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Your blog was Heartfelt!!

With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim Safina