Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Redemption


You know I just could NOT handle making a bad pie - especially bad crust - so I made another attempt last night using my original recipe (from Adele) and I have to say it was my best crust ever.  The pie was not that pretty (but mine never are) but the crust was perfectly flakey and yummy.  I made a peach-blueberry pie and I only wish that the people who ate my last pie were in town to have a piece of this one.  There is a reason to stick with something that works!

3 comments:

Crash said...

you could have called us! looks delicious.

Sally said...

Yeah, I tried one once that said to use Vodka instead of water. It worked, but was more like shortbread than pie crust. Why mess with a good thing?

Kristin said...

Well, I probably would have tried that one too..... anything with vodka ;)