Sunday, September 20, 2009

3D

I can not even imagine what our children are going to see in their lifetime. I am hoping as I approach 40 that it is the middle of my life and I get to see 80. So much has happened just in the past 40 years. I really feel my age when the wonder of technology ceases to amaze the kids. We took them to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" in 3D today. It would have been funny to watch all of the older parents in the theater with their 3D glasses on and their mouths open in true amazement. Just the "wow!"s and the "Geeeesh!"s were funny enough. I remember the 3D movies that give you a headache and you walk around an hour after the movie with the sense that your eyes are not quite working properly. The movies never really looked 3D either it just looked like layers of different images on the screen. Fast forward to this wondrous animation film and you walk out feeling like you were on an amusement park ride. I LOVED that movie. It was funny and engaging and the special effects were worth the extra $$ you had to pay. The kids really enjoyed it too....

No comments: