Monday, February 22, 2010

It takes a village.....

Two children - two schools - 5 amazing families that get them there and home everyday.

We live in the most unbelievable neighborhood. It is one of those neighborhoods that you think of from the 50's only our trees are not as big and our front yards are not quite as long. We have block parties and all pretty much get along and care about each other. Both of my children have best friends on the street. I have neighbors that bring us dinner, leave little treasures by our front door, send me messages of encouragement and love our children as if they were their own.

A few years ago we turned in our big Expedition for a much smaller and more fuel efficient Jetta. The bad news is that with one carpool existing of 5 children and another with 7 I don't have the space in my car to carry the little munchkins. Instead my kids get a personal chauffeur every morning and afternoon. I can't begin to tell you how much this has helped me during this time of treatment. Some mornings the thought of rushing to get out of the house makes me want to curl up in a ball and never come out. Knowing that my children are safe in the hands of these generous people gives me peace of mind. Thank you my carpool angels - this may not seem like a huge gift that you are giving us but it most certainly is.

No comments: