Monday, January 17, 2011

Party goers and party throwers

Which one are you? I think I am both but LOVE to throw a party. I love the preparation, anticipation and surrounding myself with people I admire, respect and love. I like providing an environment for fun, laughter and great conversation. I know many people who are neither one. They prefer to stay home and don't like the social pressures of parties. I don't think a "party" has to be a big deal though. I used to. I would put so much pressure on myself to have the house spotless and have everything perfect but nobody really cares about that stuff. People like to know that you care about them. They like to know that you have included them in your inner-circle. Sometimes I think a "party" could just be having a couple of friends over for tea. I have a neighbor who brings our their fire pit to the front yard, heats up some cider and invites everyone over to their driveway. I LOVE that! What are we without each other? Lonely. So step out of your comfort zone and invite a few intriguing friends or acquaintances over and see what happens. You might learn something about them. Or, you might just learn something about yourself.

No comments: