Monday, March 30, 2009

Free Date Night!


John came home temporarily today and had a business dinner to go to.  He invited me to go with him and I reluctantly said yes.  It ended up being a great night.  Our neighbors watched the kids in exchange for letting them come over to watch 24 on tivo - and our dinner was at the Edna Valley Vineyard.  We walked in and had our choice of wine as we mingled and then we moved to the dining room and the wine just kept coming through dinner and dessert.  I think the food was quite nice but the wine was all I was thinking about.  Edna makes my favorite Chardonnay so I was quite happy and they have a sweet dessert wine (called sweet Edna) that I truly enjoy (and I don't like sweet wine).  All in all it was a very nice and unexpected evening.  I was able to spend time with my amazing husband and schmoozed with the president of the company for quite some time.

2 comments:

trulyjulie said...

that sounds like so much fun!

joy said...

glad you had a good time.