Monday, March 2, 2009

Uncle Rico part II

So today John brought Uncle Rico's (the van) owner home to meet us.  John met him when he went to Costa Rica to surf one year and then they both went on a surfing safari last year from Costa Rica to Panama.  Everything is making more sense to me now.  I mean this nice, easy going, guy kind of fits with the Uncle Rico persona.  I think if he could walk around with some rust around the edges and some really cool surf stickers on him he would.  John is having a blast cruising up the coast and checking every surf spot along the way.  It is nice to see John so comfortable with a new friend.  At dinner tonight they were laughing themselves silly (and I must admit.....so was I).  I guess the surf culture really draws similar people together.   JW thanks for coming to visit and having a play date with my hubby - I can't wait to meet the rest of the family.

3 comments:

joy said...

So, Uncle Rico goes on a Tour of California. Sounds like fun!

joy said...

there's a movie idea in this, I'm sure.

Joe Walsh said...

just please don't post that recording of me singing Father Figure by George Michael