Saturday, March 21, 2009

Goodbyes



As we were leaving from the airport today Julia said "I hate goodbyes".  That pretty much sums it up.  I had a hard time holding back the tears as we walked towards the security gate.  

Michael - It was amazing to see you again.  You have so many interests and talents and an amazing mind.  I know you are going to achieve great things in life.  Sometimes life doesn't give you the answer to "what should I do now?" but I think you will find it if you keep reaching toward the things you love.  Thanks for taking me for a spin in your speedster.  I LOVED IT.  That is what life is about in my mind.  Cruising down the street on a beautiful crisp day with the sun roof open and the tunes blaring.  You have the key to so many things just in that.  Make sure you keep learning and achieving, trying new things and stepping out of your comfort zone.  Just a little sisterly advise from your big sis.  Take it or leave it.  I love you Mike!

Sally - The hostess with the mostest!  I had almost forgotten what an amazing cook you are!  It comes to you so easily and goes down even easier (gym here I come) and I admire how you fly in and out of the kitchen and magically this beautiful meal appears.  Your artistic talents are too many to name.    You seem to really find joy and peace in your sewing and writing and your eye for beauty is natural.  Thank you for treating Julia and I to a wonderful vacation.  We had such a great time and it was so nice to see and visit with you again.  Thank you for showing us your part of the world and sharing your extended family with us.   I hope your dream of doing what you love becomes a reality - I have no doubt that it will.  I love you!

Papa - You may not feel young physically but you are.  You are strong and a fighter and you came through surgery like it was a walk in the park.  Your body wants to heal and grow even stronger so take care of it.  The next few months might be full of challenges but I know you will face them head on and overcome them with success.  One step at a time, one moment at a time.  It makes me happy to know you are happy - so make yourself happy!  I love you!

Julia and I miss all of you already.  Lets make sure less time goes by the next time and lets talk more in between.

1 comment:

Papa said...

Thanks Kristin-- we love you too!
It was great to see you and Julia and get to spend some time with you guys--it was way too short! Julia is a true joy. Give our love to Jack and John. Papa.