Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pride


Is it bad to be proud of someone else?  Especially if they are your own children?  Today was a day where I couldn't be more proud of both of my kids.  Julia performed her little heart out twice today for the school talent show.  For a little girl who loves to sing but maybe isn't quite sure about performing she blew me away.  She was comfortable on stage (or seemed to be) and I saw her relax and enjoy her time up there.  Her voice grew louder and her movements grew stronger and I caught a glimpse of who she is turning into.  Jack picked up a quite challenging book a few days ago and has jumped in with both feet.  Jack has never really been one to go out of his way to read and today I couldn't tear him away from it.  I can not tell you how happy it makes me to see him ignoring me to read a book instead of playing a video game or watching TV.  I guess I should enjoy these moment and document them and remember them - I know not all days will be like today.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wow - Julia looks so beautiful and grown up. Time is flying by...

joy said...

i know julia was so great. she is turning into quite the little star, but we always knew that. i love her little characters for her book and i love john's comment about your OP shorts. Yes! you could wear them and look good! Jack cracks me up--he's just so cute. can you tell i like your family?