Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hat!




My dear friend Sally has become quite the knitter.  She told me she really can't stop (she's addicted). She loves little projects that only take a few days so.....  I told her I had seen these hats on people but couldn't find them anywhere and would she mind making me one.  She immediately went to work and finished it in a day and a half.  From the time we spoke until I had it on my head it was only one week.  This beautiful hat flew half way across the country and I know she worked so hard on it (it is exactly what I was hoping for).   I also know she knew I needed some cheering up and when I opened the package I could feel her love pouring out.  Thank you Sally for being such an amazing and true friend and knowing that this token of love would mean the world to me.  We may live hundreds of miles apart but you have a huge piece of my heart.

6 comments:

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Kristin ~

You are absolutely GORGEOUS and the hat gives you even more style with your grace! :)

I am having Janell for lunch in Cayucos tomorrow at noon. Can you join us? KLSAFINA@aol.com
Joy too & Suzanne! It would be fun and I could get to know you all better!

Sally said...

It looks so good on you! I don't even know how to respond except to say that you're 100% right on - I love you SO much and I wish I could be there for you right now. The hat will have to do, but I hope that when you wear it, it warms your heart as well as your head. LYLAS! :-)

Suzanne said...

Two beautiful friends, one adorable hat!

Glenn said...

there you go, looking like jennifer anniston again, only prettier!

(julie)

Tracey said...

That hat looks fabulous on both of you! I had no idea Sally was knitting - nice work, Sal. I love to knit too, but I can tell she is much more skilled than I. I'm so glad you two have stayed close all these years. You have a very special friendship. Love to you both.

joy said...

really cute hat, kris--it looks great on you.