Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Aaaaaahhhhhh.......

The sweet sound of ...... nothing...    When the kids were 2 and 3 and 4 I remember saying to myself that the constant jabber was just a stage and once they could really talk they would slow down.   That does not seem to be the case.  Especially with Jack - he loves to talk and it does not matter who he is talking to - in fact he would be just as happy to talk to himself.   I really can't blame him though.  There have been many times when I have come across John having full conversations with himself.... including laughter.  How nice it would be to be that entertained by oneself.  I guess I am just pretty boring - I do need others to entertain me.  Right now though I am happy to not be entertained and just be still and listen to the soft breathing of my sleeping children.

1 comment:

joy said...

i love that sound! but i wouldn't want to hear it for too long--i'd miss the sweet sounds of my children.