Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I had a moment today. It was during church and we were all singing Silent Night and I looked around. Here was my daughter and my son in front of me in the pew and between them were all of these cousins - these beautiful little children - so happy to be in the company of one another. Something about the joy in their eyes and the fact that they were all healthy and strong. Then I looked around and here was my husband and his entire family - in laws and out laws. All of us loving each other - all together. It was a moment that may never happen again - I was overwhelmed. My cup runneth over - the blessings enormous. A Christmas gift that was unexpected and very much appreciated. I hope your Christmas is filled with these moments - the ones that take your breath away and make your heart beat faster and show you what life is truly about.

1 comment:

joy said...

yes, those moments are among the many treasures of the season. glad you're happy with family.