Monday, January 19, 2009

24 and TIVO


OK, OK,  I LOVE TV.   I love a lot of shows I wouldn't even admit to on this blog.  I am the disgusting american who sits on the couch and vegges out for a couple of hours every night to get my fix (caffeine? tobacco? heroin?).  Don't get me wrong - I love a good book and God knows I don't think I could live without working out every week but there is something about the fantasy world created on that screen that I just can't get enough of.  That being said the whole experience has been completely magnified by TIVO.  I love being able to watch something whenever I feel like it and never watching another commercial for the rest of my life (or at least until I can't afford cable).  

Last night we finally were able to sit down and enjoy the 4 hour marathon premier of this seasons 24.  It had my heart racing in the first 10 seconds and it just got better from there.  This show has some really stupid lines in it which makes for some great comic relief.  I think it takes a decent actor and a good writer to make dumb funny.  I love Jack Bauer!  He is invincible and the quintessential tough guy with a heart (he also kind of looks like my Brother Ryan).  We get the next hour tonight and I will have the popcorn ready.  Oh and Lost starts on Wednesday (don't get me started on that one).....you better not call me for awhile I will be tied up until re-run season ;)

1 comment:

joy said...

lost starts wed? yay! it's been so long--i can't even remember where we are in the series.