Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Diets


OK so I am not a big fan of any organized diet plan.  My philosophy is just eat less and work out more.  That being said I have been trying to eat healthier.  I am already a fairly healthy eater but I would be hard pressed to walk by a bowl of Doritos and not have at least a couple.  I have been buying more organic food and trying to prepare all of our meals without any convenience food items.  I have been baking the most amazing bread (I will put the recipe on here soon) and my biggest problem with that is that no matter how many loaves I bake they are gone in 24 hours (how did Jesus do that anyway?).  

Yesterday I tried this green stuff I found at Trader Joe's (see above).  It is mostly super green food powders like spinach and broccoli and peas.  I figure it is just food right?  It also has green tea in it (which I love) so I thought I would give it a try.  I mixed it with fruit juice and it turned this disgusting algae green color but actually had very little taste - I mostly tasted the juice.  The good news is that I felt pretty good yesterday even though I thought I was coming down with a cold.  Today I feel even better.  I will let you know how it goes - nothin like green gook in the morning!

5 comments:

joy said...

sounds interesting. how could you possible be any healthier?

Sally said...

Sorry, but that sounds nasty. Why not just eat some real green stuff instead? :-)

Kristin said...

Oh shut up Miss Nutritionist! I like eating real green stuff too I just thought this might be a booster - let me stay on my cloud for a couple of days K?

Sally said...

Maybe you should try dark chocolate. Looks good, smells good, tastes like a little bit of heaven, plus it has proven health benefits... you can't go wrong.

Kristin said...

Uh.......yeah......about that. Happens to already be a staple in my diet.....a big staple. ;)