Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The best job in the world....


I think one of the coolest jobs would be naming the colors in the crayola box.  I am sure there is an entire cast of talented art directors that sit around and discuss these names but I think I could master it solo.  Toasted Pecan, Fresh Cut Grass, Hawaiian Sunset, Baby Bottom Pink, Belize sea blue.....  I love colors.  Always have.  I think that is why I enjoyed my job as a print production manager at an ad agency in San Francisco so much.  At the printers you can actually smell the colors and moving one tiny little setting makes a big difference - to my eye anyway.  In my world nothing is ever just blue or red or green - there has to be a descriptive reference before it.

1 comment:

joy said...

good--i need some help picking a paint color. all i see is taupe, so i need your expertise.