Monday, February 23, 2009

God and uncertainty

For me when things are going really well or really bad I turn to God easily.  It is in those moments of uncertainty where my mind tries to make some sort of sense out of the situation that God falls into the background.  I don't mean to put him there - my mind just starts spinning and running scenarios and after awhile it spins so fast that I feel completely out of control and have this urgent need to hold onto it all.  It is only when I remind myself to let it go and let God take care of it that my heart stops beating so fast and my hands begin to unclench.  So, God, I am placing my fears and uncertainty in your hands and I ask that you care for and heal those who are in my thoughts. I ask you to bring peace of mind to those reading this in their moments of uncertainty.

2 comments:

joy said...

amen, kristin! i think the silver lining in those moments is that we do turn to God--He knows only in our darkest times will we realize what we should know all the time--that He and only He is in control. It's just easier in the good times to believe that we are strong and can control things. So, in the way that only God can, He uses these times for His holy and Godly purposes. That doesn't meant we still don't feel pain, but at least He is there to hold us. I'm praying! love you.

Sally said...

Add my prayers to yours. I'm thinking of all of you.