Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waiting.....

It amazes me how hard it is to wait sometimes.  We have become this society of instant gratification where information is at your fingertips in a fraction of a second.  I am terrible at waiting - I am not sure if that translates exactly into patience.  I hate waiting for traffic lights.  I hate waiting for a web page to load.  I hate road trips because I can't stand waiting to get to the destination.  I do tend to have patience when an elderly person is in front of me at the grocery store though.....does that count?   The funny thing is that my Dad has amazing patience - more than any human being I have ever come in contact with and he seems to handle waiting with ease.  I inherited a lot of his traits but this one apparently slipped by.   As I wring my hands and jiggle my foot I will try harder to see the moment for what it is instead of anticipating the next one before it gets here.

1 comment:

trulyjulie said...

I'm praying with you kristin. I know it is hard to wait. Hang in there.