Thursday, February 19, 2009

Night


I love the night.  I think the night and darkness get a bad rap - I mean God made them too.  I love the quietness outside - the peacefulness of everyone resting.  I love looking at the stars and remembering how incredibly large this universe is - how small my brain is in comparison.   I love knowing there is someone exponentially larger in control.  I love that it is, for most people, a time to put work behind them and reconnect with their family and relax.  I love the softness of the light when people look beautiful and younger and spaces become more magical.   At night I feel safe - all of my family members tucked away in their beds away from car accidents and choking hazards.  

I love how in sleep there is no time - we move and in and out of moments and thoughts and our minds venture out into dreams.  I love how in complete darkness we all look the same - no black, white, skinny, fat, tall, short....  In complete darkness we are stripped of our physicality and our soul is what's left to navigate. In complete darkness we can see who we really are.

1 comment:

joy said...

i love that you mention choking hazards in this post and that i'm not short when it's dark. that's awesome!