Friday, January 22, 2010

It's all good

I think the surgery yesterday was a blessing in disguise. I was so sleepy from the sedative that I slept all day and then slept all night (first time I have done that in weeks). I woke up feeling refreshed and full of energy - Let's go! When we walked into the chemo room John looked around at all of the reclining chairs and said "oh it is just like getting a pedicure!". Well almost. My chemo treatments should only take 2 hours from now on and really how much can you get done in two hours? I read a magazine, talked to a friend on the phone, chatted with the nurses (who were awesome!) and then I was done. It was exactly like the oncologist said " that first day it will just feel like water is going in your veins". I am getting the big expensive shot of Neulasta on Monday and have a checkup on my white count next Friday. If all goes according to plan I will be back at chemo on February 12th wearing one of my cute hats that I bought.

One down - 5 to go.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that everything went ok. I was thinking about you all day. I hope you get another night of sound sleep. Love you!!

Unknown said...

So happy everything went okay for you. You came into my mind so many times throughout the day. Hang tough Kristin! Sandy