Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Three today

I woke up at 5am this morning and could not for the life of me fall back to sleep. After 3 VERY LONG appointments today I am very tired. I met with two plastic surgeons today - one I did not like and one that I think is fantastic. He has the reputation that I am looking for and his techniques and practice are really geared towards reconstruction (rather than purely elective) surgery. I also met with the first oncologist who I also didn't like so I will have to keep looking.
I also received news about my MRI and from that it does not look very good. They think they can see not only the one tumor but also a second. They also think that they see cancer in a lymph node. All signs pointing towards chemotherapy. I will have a couple more appointments tomorrow and I will make a decision about what type of surgery I am doing and with whom. My wonderful and amazing husband has held my hand in every appointment and has been my savior today. He put off his job (which he really needs right now) and spent his time with me. I love you John. I am turning the phone off - I need to just hang with my kids tonight. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

joy said...

love you, kris. i will be praying. i left some things by the shrine :)