Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting old


OK so this one is going out to all of you who think you are "old". We have all heard the one liners "getting old is not for sissies" or "Getting old - I wouldn't recommend it" or "It sucks getting older". OK so what is it about getting "old" that is so terrible?

Aches and pains - check
Loosing your hair - check, check
Lack of energy - check
Having to take medication that you don't want to - check
Watching your body change right before you eyes - check
Forgetting things, loosing things - check

Now I personally don't consider myself "old" yet but I think I have experienced many of the issues we equate to age. So..... It is not getting "older" it is just life. Some of us have these experiences before others. And so what. I say we shouldn't let it get us down. We still wake up every day and "try" to sleep every night. We can still contribute to the lives of others and live in the moment. Complaining just gets old and nobody wants to hear it anyway. You may be 60 or 70 or maybe even 80 but lets try and act like we are 8 or 9. Dreaming and living without a care in the world. That is my goal anyway until I leave this earth.

PS Sorry if I am not making sense - chemo brain today. Chemo went very well - I was out in record time. One more to go!

1 comment:

joy said...

woohoo on the chemo! you are a champ!